Elizabeth’s Group has produced some materials to use with students to explore Elizabeth’s life and work.
Primary Lesson – for years 4/5/6
The aims of these activities are to:
- Raise awareness of who Elizabeth Wolstenholme-Elmy was as a national figure , including her ‘legacy’ – her beliefs and actions and explore the issues raised by them.
- Understand Elizabeth’s local connections with Congleton.
- Enable students to understand why people want to commemorate her life and achievements.
Notes on the lessons:
- Refer to the notes at the bottom of the slides for more details
- Please feel free to adapt and use all/some of the activities. It is recommended that all students see the slides about Elizabeth so that they are aware of her and her connections to Congleton.
- The 3 activities can be done as one lesson or separate chunks, each section lasting approximately 20 mins.
Secondary School PRE Lesson
This lesson explores aspects of equality and how life has changed for women. It also discusses what further changes are needed and what the student would like to change.
It is suitable for Years 7-8 and requires researching Elizabeth’s life – either with the downloadable life story or using this website.
You can also read our Stories about Elizabeth.